We have received many inquiries regarding air purifiers and their benefits. So, we thought we’d give you an overview and our recommendations.
Air Purifiers Services
An air purifier (also known as air cleaner) is a device that removes dirt and dust from the air surrounding you to improve air quality. These devices are for individuals who want cleaner air in their homes but can be of significant benefit to people who are suffering from allergies or are asthmatics. They are also effective for eliminating or reducing second-hand tobacco smoke.
Air purifiers are available as standalone units, suitable for individual rooms and available at many big-box retailers. However, our discussion will focus on the whole-home units that are permanently affixed your forced air furnace or HVAC unit.
There are two air purifying technologies available today, active and passive. Active air purification units release negatively charged ions into the air, causing all the pollutants to stick to surfaces. While passive air purifiers use air filters to remove all the contaminants from the air. Passive purification units are more efficient since all the dust, and particulate matter is permanently removed from the air and is collected in the filters.
Which Air Purifiers Are Best?
The following are just two of the purifiers available from Watson Mechanical and should give you a good understanding of how these whole-house systems work. There are, of course, many room-only purifiers, as mentioned above, that, although effective, have limited reach within our home. In most situations, whole-home solutions are required. The top purification units available in Pembroke and Petawawa are:
Bryant Evolution Air Purifier
Your home is where you want to rest. However, pollen can enter through doors and windows. Bacteria and viruses can also spread between family and friends. Soft dust particles rise from flooring and furniture, dander, and hair loss from pets. These pollutants can circulate your home and have the ability to spread diseases and cause allergies and asthma. Bryant comes to the rescue with a full line of air purification products driven by Evolution Air Purifier. Bryant air purifiers are excellent for homeowners who suffer from allergic problems, such as children and the elderly. Those sensitive to the effects of pet, pollen, and more. Evolution Air Purifier is quiet and can handle 100% of the air flowing through your home.
- It cleans a lot more air than other portable units
- Long-lasting MERV 15 filter
- Captures up to 95% of particles
- Inactivates or kills up to 99% of germs captured
- Proven effective against three common pathogens:
- Human influenza
- Common cold surrogate
- Streptococcus pyrogens
- Has narrow cabinet design for easier installation in small spaces
- Helps protect cooling and heating equipment
- limited warranty of parts for 10-year upon timely registration
Honeywell F300 Whole-House Electronic Air Cleaner
The Honeywell F300 Whole-House Electronic Air Cleaner is an advanced and easy-to-use solution for improving your indoor air quality.
- Places an electric charge and collects up to 99% of air particles.
- Highly Effective
- Captures both microscopic particles like smoke and dust in addition to larger contaminants like mold spores and pet dander
- Low Maintenance
- Advanced Technology
- No replacement needed
- Requires only periodic washing of air cleaner cells
Care and Cleaning of Air Purifiers Services
Depending on the air purifier you decide on, filter, or electronic, they require very little maintenance. The Bryant, for instance (filter), requires a simple filter change regularly, whereas electronic versions need regular cleaning.
Basic Tips for Cleaning Air Purifiers Service:
- Before performing any maintenance/cleaning on your air purifier, make sure the furnace is turned off.
- On filter models such as the Bryant, replace the filter cartridge regularly.
- Some electronic air purifiers have prefilters that can clog faster due to the large dust, hair, and skin particles. Therefore, we recommended that you should check/clean at least once a month to ensure continuous airflow.
- Also, be sure to dry the prefilter before reinstalling it in the unit.
- Do not scrape the unit or air filter with pointed or sharp objects. A damaged air filter makes the device ineffective and requires the purchase of new air filters.
- When you clean the air filters and replace them regularly, the pressure on the air purifier fan is reduced, which guarantees the long-term performance of the unit. Therefore, we recommend that you only purchase the original air filter replacements to purify the air.
- Bryant’s Heating and Cooling System
If you are looking for air purifiers services in Pembroke and Petawawa, then you are in the right place. Watson Mechanical is the only call you need to make for all your HVAC needs.
Timely maintenance of a home air purifier will make sure you have clean air for everyone and will also protect your friends and family from the harmful effects of indoor air pollution.
Still, have questions about air purifiers Service? Call Watson Mechanical, and we’ll do our best to give you some answers.